1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wordpad messages in Asian?!?!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dlandb, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dlandb

dlandb Thread Starter

When ever I try to save a Wordpad document the message which usually pops up (with the yellow triangle with and ! in the middle like the one with this message) to ask "Do you want to save the changes" now comes up in some sort of Asian font instead of English. Any suggestions...

I know what it is asking so really don't HAVE to change it back to English but was wondering why it began to show up in Asian. The PC is a Sony Vaio. Thanks. Dlandb

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    good question.

Can you print the screen (Press prn screen and then go to Paint and paste what you had up) and post it here. I'm having a hard time to mentally picture it.

3. dlandb

dlandb Thread Starter

Tidus4Yuna,
    Thanks for the reply. I tried to print the screen but cannot. Let me try to explain better than I did before. If I type anything or change what is already within the Wordpad program and then close the program without first clicking on File and then Save As........ An error message occurs, which is usually in English and states "do you want to save the changes" Only now it comes up in Asian Fonts......

I think since it is an error message or reminder to save changes I am unable to Print the screen.... Thanks Dlandb

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Printing the screen has nothing to do with what is on the screen. It will waork exactly as above.

Hit PrtScn key, and it will copy an image of what is on the screen to the clipboard.

Open your favorite image editor and paste the image into a new file, then save the image as a .jpg (perhaps after reducing the resolution to 640 x 480 to keep the size down).

Its that image file you attache to your post back here.

5. Lutz1904

Lutz1904

You have already explained it perfectly perfect before. And thanx for not being one of those 4,239,487,294 people who call it "Chinese" instead of "Asian". [I*m Asian].

To "print the screen", you must loOk at your keyboard. Here is a picture of what your keyboard should loOk like... something like this...
    It*s the top row, of if your keyboard have extra buttons, it may be the second row from the top.
    Then it goes on...
    It is just right after the "F12" button.

When you press the "Print Screen" button, it will seem like nothing has happened. [Don*t worry]. Go to an image editor— such as MS Paint. Go to Edit » Paste. You*ll see the image of your screen.

You know how to upload pics onto a website right?

6. dlandb

dlandb Thread Starter

Ok Guys,

I think I have finally done it.... Got the image copied, shrunk it in Adobe elements and attached ... hope it comes across....... correctly and not tooo biggg...... dlandb

Attached Files:

7. Lutz1904

Lutz1904

maybe its too small if tidus wanted to read exactly what it says... but goOd enough if he wants to see the error box. i hate no idea what to do... tidus might. i guess it*s a language setting you have on then.. not a virus er anything.

well atleast you would shtill know how to save it

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Well, I can't exactly see it cause of the screen i'm on. I will investigate it when I get back home tonight though I'm intriuged. Is this the only area that it happens on? As in for the Save dialog box or is it anywhere else. For it to be a language issue, the whole program would be in asian letters.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224437

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice