1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wordpad

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by shurleyd, Nov 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shurleyd

shurleyd Thread Starter

Wordpad kept comming up on the screen when I restarted the pc.Somehow I removed it from the system,and I now get a message window on start up the wordpad is needed for certain files. As you can see I'm very new at this and I don't know how to get wordpad back where it should be and working correctly. I use windows 98 2nd addition. In addition my pc keeps freezing up on me, and I have to push the reset button to reboot. If I try to use ctrl,alt,delete, nothing happens.

Thanks very mush if you can help this old 72 year old man. I went to my first computer school in 1955 in New Orleans at the IBM head quarters and didn't learn a thing, and as you can tell I still don't know a darn thing about how to fix them.

Shurley Dillard Jr
    [email protected]

2. brianF

brianF

try to reinstall wordpad from the win cd

Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.

Double-click Add/Remove Programs, and then click the Windows Setup tab.

In the Components box, click Accessories, click Details, and then check the WordPad check box.

Click OK, and then click OK.

If it's already checked, you may have to uncheck it to completely uninstall and then go back and check it to reinstall.

3. shurleyd

shurleyd Thread Starter

Thank you so very much, I did what you said and its back where its supose to be, but it stills covers my desktop when I boot, and I have to click on file. exit, to get it off the desktop. How can I get it to stay off the desktop?

4. robcaro

robcaro

Click on Start/Run/MSConfig/Startup and see if wordpad is on that list. If it is, uncheck and reboot. It should be OK then.

Another 72 year old.

:cool:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59619

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice