1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wordperfect 10 crashing

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Obiwan's Wife, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obiwan's Wife

Obiwan's Wife Thread Starter

My operating system is WinXP, SP2. I have created an approximately 10 page document that has two columns and is using a third-party true-type font (either of which may or may not be relevant). The font is a Creating Keepsakes font called "CK Bella". When I try to scroll down to approximately page 8, WP locks up with 100% CPU utilization, and I have to shut it down with "End Task". It does the same thing when I use the "Go To" function. I can go to Pages 1-7 with no problems. I have looked at Reveal Codes and nothing is out of the ordinary. It just seems to hit some sort of wall near the end of the document and I have to close it down.

I have also tried transferring some of the information to a new document, and it still locks up. Wordperfect seems to work fine in other unrelated documents. I had created this file about 4 years ago (same font used then), and it worked fine. I just recently added some additional information, and come to think of it, I created the columns during this recent modification.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589787

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice