1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WordPerfect 11

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Richard Baldwin, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard Baldwin

Richard Baldwin Thread Starter

I downloaded a text file written by my daughter using Vista. Two errors crept in...

1. Beyond a given page of text the "paper" color bec0mes and persistes red-orange.

2. The Spell Checker no longer works and gives only the criptic message," Writing tools internal error" ... even with files on which it has worked for years.

I have unintsalled WordPerfect twice and reinstalled it without success. The 3rd time I repaired it and restarted the computer...all to no avail.

Has anyone run into this problem and devised a solution? If so, please pass it on to me. WordPerfect has nothing in its thick book remotely connected with "Troubleshooting" except to call a tech for what was $35; I don't know what it is now.

Thank you,
    Richard Baldwin
    [email protected]

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

It was a text document? Just plain text, no formatting, created in Notepad? Windows Vista is an operating system and isn't used to create any files directly. Your daughter must have used a program which is an important piece of information.

3. Richard Baldwin

Richard Baldwin Thread Starter

Thank you. By hook or crook I've gotten Spell Checker back. I'll ask my daughter.
    Thank you for your very kind advice.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647776

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice