1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WordPerfect Office 11 (2003) OEM

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by marcoop, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. marcoop

marcoop Thread Starter

I recently downloaded the Service Pack 1 upgrade for WordPerfect Office 11 (2003)OEM. When I attempted to install the upgrade, I received the following message:

"The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch."

The upgrade patch is for use with Version 11.0.0.233, which is the version I have. Can you tell me why the upgrade doesn't work?

2. tbritches

tbritches

Presumably you have a Dell. Look for the volinfo.txt file on your original CD. On the Product Name line, does it have wppp at the end? if so, you will need the file WP11SP1DWPPP.msp. If not, then you will need WP11SP1DOEM.msp. Both of these are available at: ftp://ftp.corel.com/pub/WordPerfect/wpwin/11/en/.

3. wcritz

wcritz

Purchased software at our campus bookstore. Installed OK, but when I tried to install SP #1, the process stalled when it called for a file (fxdb.dll) which I was unable to provide. I am using a Gateway laptop which does not have a floppy drive. Tried providing a copy of the file via CD ROM, but it would not work. Corel "support" refused to help because they referred to what I purchased as an OEM version..........Can anyone help?

4. tbritches

tbritches

Put your original CD in the drive and use windows explorer to browse to the root of the CD. You should have a file which ends with .msi. (Sorry, I don't remember the first part). Right click on the file and choose repair. After it does its thing, try the patch again.

5. wcritz

wcritz

Just got around to trying the fix which you suggested, and, it worked!!!

Many thanks for your help. Corel provided NO assistance because I purchased the "education" edition at our bookstore.

6. tbritches

tbritches

Glad you got it working.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217746

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice