1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WordPerfect Office X5 or X6 and Visual Basic for Applications

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Alex_Gayer, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex_Gayer

Alex_Gayer Thread Starter

I've tried posting this on the WordPerfect forums, but can't get any help.

I'm trying to upgrade an entire office from WordPerfect 9 with Windows XP to WordPerfect X5 or X6 with Windows 7. The problem is none of the recent versions of WordPerfect Office come with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). According to the manuals and help files I've read, you should be able to install VBA separately. Here's an excerpt from the WP-VB manual:
    If VBA 6.3 is installed on your computer, you can access the VBA Editor from within WordPerfect, Quattro Pro, and Presentations. VBA 6.3 is not included with WordPerfect Office X6. To use VBA macros, you must separately install VBA 6.3.
    VBA 6.3 isn't a standalone application. I have to install another software that bundles it. Okay, MS Office 2003 comes with VBA 6.3. I install it, and test it. The VB editor launches every time from within Excel. Checked the About Box, yep, it's version 6.3.

Back to WordPerfect, the issue persists. It can't use the VB editor. I go to Tools >> Visual Basic and all of the options are grayed out. Other people on the WordPerfect forums (namely WPUniverse and OfficeCommunity) have had similar issues, but it doesn't appear to be a top priority issue as it didn't appear in the forum frequently, and nobody had any real solutions other than to write in another language, like PerfectScript. We are unable to use PerfectScript because it lacks some of the functionality we need. I tried reinstalling WordPerfect Office. I tried it on multiple computers. I'm at a loss. The boss needs the entire law firm migrated over to Windows 7, and a later copy of WordPerfect installed, I've been fighting with this for two weeks, and I don't have much more time for this project. Has anyone seen this behaviour before? What should be my next step?

Thanks,
    Alex

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1117237

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice