1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wordperfect viewer

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Rainman50, May 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rainman50

Rainman50 Thread Starter

I have an XP machine and I need a viewer for Wordperfect(.wpd) files. I do not know what version of Wordperfect the files are. I want a simple viewer, no plugins, can anyone help? thanks in advance!!

2. Cookies

Cookies

.wpd files are actually Wordpad. And you should already have a viewer. Try this: Start, Run type in "wordpad" (no quotes). Open the file and you should be able to view them.

You can also save them as .doc files if you have MS Word, or another text editor -- there are some decent free ones like 602. http://www.software602.com/products/pcs/

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

.WPD are also Wordperfect documents, as the poster suggests.

4. Rainman50

Rainman50 Thread Starter

I am able to view these files with MS Word, but i was looking for a Wordperfect viewer.

5. tbritches

tbritches

6. Cookies

Cookies

7. covert215

covert215 Banned

Sorry to revive a very old thread. I searched for WordPerfect viewer on google and this came up. Does anyone have a solution at this point?

8. gaj1967

gaj1967

The MS viewer that says it works with Wordperfect doesn't. The same thing from a rpogram called Brava. I think that's the name. Anyway, I ended up installing OpenOffice. It's a FREE Office Suite that does work with WPD, and other files. Download it at http://www.openoffice.org

Gil

9. covert215

covert215 Banned

A few months late (years for the original post), but a useful tip nevertheless

I use openoffice for Linux

10. Scouter

Scouter

Start Wordperfect 11
    Open the folder that contiains the wpd files you wish to preview
    On the toolbar is a privew icon It looks like a rectangle with blue writing
    Select it
    On the right side a window will appear but it is usually too small for previewing so place the mouse pointer on its left border. Hold mouse pointer down and drag left.
    Preview window will increase in size and files will just line up on extreme left.

11. yankees26an

yankees26an

You could email the document to yourself using gmail, and then open it using Google Docs :)

Can't wait for Google to release that Word/Wordprefect killer eh?:rolleyes:

12. pybolden

pybolden

(y) Go to this link and download this file, you will be able to view WordPerfect files.

http://www.download.com/3000-2381_4-10629060.html

Also, if you open with Word, it will ask you what type of file are you converting, you click on WordPerfect version 9x or whatever is there.

Give it a shot! It worked flawless for me!
    Otherwise you have to go to Corel homepage and download a trial version of their WP software and all the other stuff follows!

Blessings!
    PB

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/232499