1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wordpress Cannot Change Default Home Page

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by christinewulfit, Aug 12, 2017 at 9:12 AM.

Advertisement
  1. christinewulfit

christinewulfit Thread Starter

Hello I cannot get my home page to display the page I want. Although it now does display the name of the page in the menu, it is not the same page. Originally the home page was Accueil, but I created a new menu, made it the primary menu and made Centre Holos the front page (static). However although the name has changed in the menu to Centre Holos, it is still the original home page - Accueil which has a different layout. So basically I cannot get the layout of home page to change to the new layout of the Centre Holos page, all that changes is the name in the menu, from Accueil to Centre Holos.

2. colinsp

colinsp Colin

What you are describing is most odd. One thing to try is to change your permalinks to another option and save the change then change them back to what you want and save again. This rewrites your .htaccess and may resolve your issue. If not post a link to your site and also a direct link to the page that you want your home page to be and I will take a look to see if I can see something else.

3. christinewulfit

christinewulfit Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1194573