1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wordpress-Reset Password Problem

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by nikkidee, Feb 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nikkidee

nikkidee Thread Starter

I tried to reset my password and not sure what email it is being sent to. My web designer may have possible set it up to his account...not really sure. Thought it was connected with our business email address. Apparently not. It said it was sent to the email address connected with the acccount. Kind of surprised we did not get it to our business email address since our email address connected wtih the account is also the biz email address.
    We did check spam and junk mail to and nothing has come to us yet.
    Please advise.

2. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    rather than using your user id to reset the password try using your email address instead and then see if you get the email. If you don't then you need to speak to your web designer. There are technical backend ways to reset it if you have phpmyadmin access to the database.

3. nikkidee

nikkidee Thread Starter

I did check in w my web design person..waiting to here back. It did not go to my email address. So I guess he took the liberty to send it to his email address? Or am I misunderstanding smthing. so when he does get back to me and provide me w the password I would like it to send it to my email address. How do I change that once I get the password.
    Thanks for your help!

4. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    You need to ensure that the user id you use to login has your email address associated with it. You do this in the Wordpress dashboard under users > edit user.

5. oitconz

oitconz

Can you log into your sites hosting using cpanel or similar? It is possible to see the wordpress db (phpmyadmin - wp-user table) and check what email is associated with the user and also reset passwords if required.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1205167

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice