1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wordpress setup - premium content area/ accepting donations

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by kman1000, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kman1000

kman1000 Thread Starter

1. I plan on accepting donations and payments online. What is the best Wordpress software (plugin/widget/etc.) for this?

2. I also plan on making certain content and areas of my site available only for certain people. #1. A premium users area. #2. A private area only for people who I gave private login information to. (these people may or may not be donors/premium users)

For number 1. I was thinking about this:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-stripe/

But I'm not sure...

For number 2. I was thinking about this:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/contact-form-7/

But again I'm not sure...

Your thoughts and experiences? Thank you!

2. kman1000

kman1000 Thread Starter

Yes, I have searched already. The thread here is to see which plugin or other software amongst the many that is listed is the best option for what I want to do. I am sure there a number of WordPress experts among us.

3. kman1000

kman1000 Thread Starter

Yeah, I was originally going to do Stripe but changed my mind since it is not that well known. I am going to go with a Paypal plugin instead. Possible may cost a bit more but if I were a customer I would trust only well-known companies with my money.

4. BlackFrancis

BlackFrancis

5. kman1000

kman1000 Thread Starter

Hmm, that looks pretty good. Are you a Pro at using it though? I may have some issues setting it up and customizing it. Also, it is a paid software...

6. BlackFrancis

BlackFrancis

It's entirely free to use, as I'm using it. All you require is a Business Paypal account.

It should be pretty simple to set-up as it's very well laid out on the back-end. If you have problems you also have the Support tab on the plugin's page that takes you to the forum specifically designated for it. If you can't find any solutions there then I'm sure I could help you along with others on TSG.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082690

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice