Wordpress Site Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bbroadrick97

Hi,

I am new to wordpress/hosting/everything. I was a wix customer before but decided to make a local directory site. I created the site two days ago, and was having issues with it loading slow. I ran speed tests, and started researching how to fix the problems. I did edit some of the code according to the research I did and followed the instructions from my hosting provider step-by-step. I also installed CloudFlare which I later learned was a bad idea. I had my nameservers switched over but switched them back to my hosting provider this morning.

Last night, my site wasn't loading for some of my friends trying test listings. It loaded fine on my computer and phone, as well as some of my friends (it was very random). At one point I had listing submissions coming through, then they disappeared, then they were coming through again.

My plug-ins and themes started showing 404 page not found randomly. I decided to delete the WP database, and reinstall which I had my hosting providers tech support help with to make sure it was done correctly.

In the middle of this, I created a second Wordpress.org account with my other email, (before I understood how I could delete and re-install) so I have two Wordpress dashboards, and sometimes one comes up and says I have to have cookies enabled (they are already) to login. At that point, I have to reset my password to get to the account.

I reached out to tech support again and sent this same scenario. They decided to uninstall and reinstall WP for me again. Now some people are pulling up the Site under construction page, and others get the correct page.

I have no idea what to do at this point, and any help is appreciated.

Remove folder location wordpress all files and go to cpanel from hosting you have icon wordpress for install and choose your website install wordpress from cpanel, don't prove manually method.If you install plugins please deactivate all plugins , don't change nothing from wordpress file .

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online