1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wordpress Submenu Hover Adjustment

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by christinewulfit, Jun 9, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. christinewulfit

christinewulfit Thread Starter

2. Sponsor

3. colinsp

colinsp Colin

Add this to your custom CSS

Code:
    .dropdown-menu {   background-color: white !important; }

Something is over riding this definition somewhere and the !important should fix that.

4. christinewulfit

okay thanks Colin, solved it. Next problem, cannot change tagline, changed it in settings but the old tagline keeps coming back

http://www.cl-innovations.com/

5. colinsp

colinsp Colin

Your theme is inserting the tag line as an iframe and is not using the Wordpress tag line. You therefore need to find the setting in your theme options not in the Wordpress settings.

6. christinewulfit

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  7. christinewulfit

this capture is customize theme settings - each time is looks as the it has accepted the change - L'accompagnment technique humainement pense, but in reality does not - it goes back to Votre fournisseur technologiques. I actually had to put the new slogan - L'accompagnment technique humainement pense in a another tag in the social media custom theme settings just to h ave it appear in the heading - capturec.jpg

Attached Files:

8. colinsp

colinsp Colin

Your tag line on the site is coming from what you have set the telephone number. The other text for your header is not displaying because the colour is set to transparent. Try this custom CSS

Code:
    .logo a, .logo p { color:#428bca !important;}

9. christinewulfit

HI Colin, yes I realize is that, its that I cannot edit the copy, that is the reason .logo a, .logo p is transparent, I do not want the copy that appears,so I had to put the copy (slogan) that I want set as the telephone number. I cannot change it in either the WP settings or the theme settings. I am trying to change 'Votre fournisseur technologiques" to slogan - L'accompagnment technique humainement pense, but every time I edit the copy to the new slogan it changes back to the old - 'Votre fournisseur technologiques, that is why I have made it transparent. Capture.jpg is WP settings that will not change to L'accompagnment technique humainement pense, Captureb.jpg is the theme custom settings that will not change either and Capturec.jpg is where I eventually had to put the new slogan so it would appear in the header.

10. colinsp

colinsp Colin

Do you have any caching enabled? If so disable it and make the changes. If push comes to shove you could always edit it in the database using phpmyadmin.

11. christinewulfit

Hi Colin, I have the WPML plug in installed and I had to delete the string translation of the slogan then I was able to change the slogan. Thanks for your input.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1191222