1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word's Autocorrect fields

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by mdignard, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdignard

mdignard Thread Starter

In Word, there are some auto-correct fields that I have changed. When I do that, some of them stay saved, but some won't stay changed.

I changed it so that 2 hyphens instantly becomes a dash instead of waiting until I type the next word; that change stays. I changed the ... to become . . . because that is required in academic writing; that change stays.

But some changes won't stay. Right now, --> becomes an arror. I want -> to become an arrow because the -- before the > automatically becomes a dash. I make the change, but the next time I go into Word, the change is gone. I cannot seem to get it to stay. Anybody know why?

Also, there are many auto-suggestion replacements that I like, but there is one that I really don't like. When I type 2005 in a document, it automatically suggests 2005-09-04 and replaces it if I hit enter. I NEVER use that format for dates, but I often am doing a form where I need to be able to hit enter after I put in the year. I cannot find a way to remove this one date field without disabling all the others.

Help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!