Words & Works

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

r218pete

Iam working with windows 98/2 and had a crash last week. Had to restore the operating system and every thing seemed to work fine. A day or two later, Word and Works were not on my desktop. Now it was there when I did the restore and it worked. I did not deleate the programs. I really do not want to go through a complete restore again if I do not have to. HELP

Anne Troy

Anne
Fixed your color above. :)

Have you tried right-clicking your desktop and hitting "arrange icons"? Sometimes, icons CAN get pulled *off screen*.

There's no reason to do a restore for a couple of lost shortcuts. Just Search for:

winword.exe,works.exe

When found, right-click each and hit Create Shortcut. It'll yell at ya that it can't create the shortcut here, and do you want to put it on your desktop instead. You say yes.

:)

r218pete

I am sorry to report, :eek: :eek: That after doing a search of the files the scan could not find winword.exe or works.exe. Also trying to re-aline the desktop had no results.. Thank You, Maybe I need to do a custom restore to obtain the missing files. Of course I have no idea if that is possible, and if it is how to do it.........Pop Pete

Anne Troy

Anne
If you have the installation disks, I would just reinstall the programs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online