Work computer not connecting to home wifi

Soxguy78

My wife’s work computer will connect to any and all wifi networks (including a mobile hotspot) except for at home. However all the other devices in my home are having no issues with the wifi network (cell phones, tablets, smart TVs gaming consoles , etc). Is the issue with my wife’s computer or the wifi router? Please advise.

Couriant

James
If this computer has connected before, try removing the network and try to connect again.

Assuming Windows 10, right click on the wireless icon and click Open Network and Internet Settings.

Next go to WiFi, then Manage Wireless Networks

1621039500367.png

Click on your network, then click Forget.

Try to reconnect.

Soxguy78

If this computer has connected before, try removing the network and try to connect again.

Assuming Windows 10, right click on the wireless icon and click Open Network and Internet Settings.

Next go to WiFi, then Manage Wireless Networks

View attachment 287650

Click on your network, then click Forget.

Try to reconnect.
So I have restarted the computer and the wifi router in the past and it “fixes” the issues but once the computer leaves the home and comes back it won’t connect again unless the router is reset. This is the 1st time I’ve tried the method you recommended it seems to be connected for now. I guess time will tell. Is there a reason that this would be the ONLY device in the home we have issues with?

Couriant

James
So I have restarted the computer and the wifi router in the past and it “fixes” the issues but once the computer leaves the home and comes back it won’t connect again unless the router is reset. This is the 1st time I’ve tried the method you recommended it seems to be connected for now. I guess time will tell. Is there a reason that this would be the ONLY device in the home we have issues with?
It can be from a minute change with the connection and the computer didn't like it, to some corruption to the information the computer is holding for that particular connection. There is no real solid answer to this. Typically if you can connect to everyone else and not yours but did connect previously, then a forget and connect normally would take care of it.

Since it's a work computer, it could be some policy or setting change that the computer received and may have tripped the settings. If it's a common occurrence, maybe an update of the wireless drivers may help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online