Solved Work email on phone, security question

ozziebeanie

Serena
Hi everyone, hope this finds all with something to smile about in life.

Anyway I have a work email on (my) mobile phone, and I had to add a pass code to the phone itself before the 365 email would work and when I click on the 365 email, a request for another password comes up; they have set it up this way in case my phone gets lost/stolen.

However when I am out and about, I do have mobile data switched on, but at night while I am doing (different) email on my home PC, I plug the phone into a usb on the PC to charge it and the PC is on Wifi, (someone else’s Wi-Fi) more info on that one further down this post.

Are having both mobile data on the phone switched on and the pc on wifi, would this be compromising the security for the work email? Just wondered if I should be charging the phone via the pc at home and maybe plugging it in to its separate power plug instead, or if it does not really matter?

I have two other emails on the normal iPhone email program and the same two emails on my PC at home. Might be a silly question but thought I would ask, never really had much to do with anything like that in my work I used to do.

Because I am using someone else's wifi, our legend of a neighbour has given me their wifi password, as the new place we have moved into even though a duplex, it's listed as one property and we have for the past over two weeks being trying to get our own internet installed and doing our best to get the property recognised as two different dwellings and so far failing miserably in our endeavours, we have had one success with the post office who now recognises that there is two places, although they get duplex one and two mixed up and the power company we have also had success with as well, in this day and age I wonder how so far it’s taken over two weeks just to get as far as we have, but because of this situation I just wondered about security.

TerryNet

Terry
Just wondered if I should be charging the phone via the pc at home and maybe plugging it in to its separate power plug instead, or if it does not really matter?
If the PC is infected with spyware, or any malware, then anything connected to it is also at risk. Since it is far more likely for a Windows device to be infected than an Android or iOS device I would not connect the phone to the PC except (if desired) to copy files or do a backup or update.

ozziebeanie

Serena
If the PC is infected with spyware, or any malware, then anything connected to it is also at risk. Since it is far more likely for a Windows device to be infected than an Android or iOS device I would not connect the phone to the PC except (if desired) to copy files or do a backup or update.
Thanks for answering Terry, i will change my habits, i reckon, Serena

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online