Work Group Help I'm Lost!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

krosloniec

Hello,

I need some help to what is probably an easy solution.

We have a work group setup with four computers.

Computer 1 named Server with Windows 2000 pro used as the server.

Computer 2 client named Sue has Windows XP pro.

Computer 3 client named Carry has Windows 98

Computer 4 client named Jerry had Win 98, but do to crash wiped clean and installed win2k.

The problem is with Computer 4 client named Jerry, now that it has Win2k installed. When I try to access Computer 1client named Server, I am prompted for User Name and Password. I can access computers 2 and 3 OK, but not the Server. We dont need to use passwords on the other computers when accessing the Server. and we don't use passwords.

Can someone tell me what is going on and How do I correct this. Does this have to do with some NTFS local permissions. I'm lost!

Thanks

KR

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online