work has setup a network and they see everything, is there a way around it?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stingray_on

I want to find out if there is a way around seeing what I am doing. I have nothing to hide and more like principle of the matter and the challenge of it.

I tried to go to several anonymously type of sites but it blocks it. I thought that would be the easiest way.

Any ideas?

Who are you trying to keep from seeing what you are doing?
What is it you are trying them to keep from seeing?
Have you contacted either the IT or Security people at work to see how to do this ;-)

TerryNet

Terry
In response to your title, the best way around it is to get your own ISP at home. Second best is to get a different employer--one that doesn't care how company resources are used.

Good luck on finding an employer that doesn't care about how their resources are used on company time.

Any IT department worth its salt can tell what you have done on their computer with just minimal diagnosis. It almost sounds like they have installed some kind of proxy/internet blocking program and if thats the case you will only be able to go to the sites they allow you to.

As far as principle of the matter. Since its their equipment I don't think there is much of a principal on what they deploy on their own PC's.

As far as wanting a challenge might a suggest a nice word jumble during your break time on a paper you have bought with your own $?

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
There is no principle involved here. It is their network and they should be able to see what you are doing on company time.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I'm going to close this thread. We don't support hacking or bypassing legal company restrictions on their networks. If you want to keep working there, I'd suggest you simply do your job and leave the computer tinkering for your home.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online