1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Work Offline Box keeps popping up while on DSL

Discussion in 'Networking' started by barney2, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barney2

barney2 Thread Starter

About a month ago I had a virus hit my computer, I have managed to get rid of it. I've run my anti-virus software several times and it says there isn't a virus now. My computer is hooked up via wireless router to my wife's computer which is hooked up directly to DSL.

While online I keep getting a Work Offline Box which pops up on the screenfrom time to time, and I have to reconnect with DSL. Before the virus, I never had any problems staying online with DSL and having to reconnect.

I was hoping that someone here on the forum might know a little something about this sort of thing and help me get rid of the Work Offline Box.

Thanks for your help!

JS

2. barney2

barney2 Thread Starter

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    So, you're using ICS on your wife's computer apparently; why--because the modem has only a USB connection?

My first guess on your problem would be that you haven't fixed all the corruption caused by the virus. Call me pessimistic, but I think the shortest time between here and a fixed PC is a reinstall of Windows, if you are using Windows.

But make sure that it is not actually your wife's computer losing the connection--especially the USB if that is what's used.

Oh, and not knowing the specifics about your OSes, NICs, network, etc., will make it difficult for people to give good advice or suggestions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/433598

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice