Work Offline dialog

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

XL Guru

#2 son regularly plays Neverwinter Nights, & is continually nagged by the above popping up ; "no connection to the internet is currently available. To view internet content that has been saved on your PC, click 'Work Offline'. Click 'Try Again' to attempt to connect".

This disrupts the game play significantly. Any suggestions on how to cure?

TIA,
Andy

I think it means that something is trying to access the internet in the background while he is playing. I guess you have PPPoE DSL or Dial up right? If possible, keep the internet open while playing or see if you can find what is trying to access the internet and disable it.

XL Guru

Thanks phatmattrat.

Can anyone suggest how I might go about establishing what (in the background) is trying to access the internet? MSN in the system tray perhaps?

TIA,
Andy

Yea, the MSN thing would probably be trying, or maybe even Neverwinter Nights itself, since it's an online game.

if you have a firewall on your computer it will probably show you which programs are useing the internet. Also you might want to get a spyware scanner(free) and check your computer because it could be spyware connecting to the internet. If your using Windows XP try pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del and going to processes and ending programs such as MSN, Iexplore etc.

XL Guru

Thanks for the further suggestions. The only firewall I have is the one bundled with XP, & I don't know how to interrogate that. I use Spy-Bot all the time, so there shouldn't be any spyware. Closing MSN from the system tray didn't help. I'm loathe to instruct him to be online while playing since that's one of the rare occassions our phone line is free.

If it's down to the game itself (although not stated in FAQs), then :mad:

Rgds,
Andy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online