1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Worked here and there, still there but not here anymore ???

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by tat2, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tat2

tat2 Thread Starter

Thanks in advance!

OK, here goes:
    I've got 3 training DVD's that used to work on my XP Home ed SP2 LapTops DVD/CD-RW. Put one in and eventually after the normal churning it would start up. Now for some unknown [to me] reason none of the three will. To add some mystery to all of this they work fine on my wifes LapTop and also on our desktop. Here's what I get:

The opening screen that askes if I want to install, start, or bonus. I always selected start. Then another screen asking if I want to go back or Launch From CD. I choose the Launch From CD. Always have in everycase mentioned above.

A screen appears that says that it is loading, so far all is normal. But here's the rub. An error message appears saying that "Error parsing XML data: not well-formed at line 32, column 101" and the only selection is "OK" so I "OK" it. Then I get a "Director Player Error" stating that "Index out of range --------- Script Error. Continue? and the selection of yes or no. Neither is worth it weight.

I've tried other DVD's and other auto run disks all is good. Just not these three???

Why did these DVD's work on my machine earlier in the day, why will they work on other comps? So I uninstalled the DVD/CD-RW's driver, restarted and kept my fingers crossed. No go. Got me stumped. Any body out there got any clues?

Thank you again,
    Art

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Give the DVD disc a good clean, it could be a combination of a smudge or fingerprint and a low level of laser output in the drive (relative to the other PC's)

3. tat2

tat2 Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I can still access all the movies in their folders, and run them, but as you can imagine that's a pain, but at least I'll learn. Ha, I used to learning the hard way anyway.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/479618

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice