1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WorkForceHarnessExecutable problemwhen tryto set up internet

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Linda12, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Linda12

Linda12 Thread Starter

I fried my hard disk, installed a new one and loaded Windows XP from disk. I inserted my Cox Internet installation disk so I could get internet access. It proceeds to have me agree to various things and then starts to check minimum requirements. A popup then occurs which says WorkForceHarness Executable application has encountered a problem and needs to close. Please don't suggest solutions that require me to access the web since I obviously can't. HELP !!!

2. 2twenty2

2twenty2

Contact COX SUPPORT by Phone
    Check your balance, make a payment or get technical support for TV, Internet and Phone services.

24 hours a day, 7 days a week

[​IMG] 1-800-234-3993

3. lynx1021

lynx1021

Hmm, haven't had to use a internet provider install disk in years. Previously had ATT DSL, switched to Spectrum last year and they put in the modem and I plugged my router in it and we were good to go. Seemed like there was some program that time warner used back in 2003 started with a E. You will probably need Firefox ESR for XP just to be able to access web sites.
    https://www.highspeedinternet.com/resources/self-install-cox/

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Is that Windows XP disc a standard retail/OEM one or a factory restore/system recovery one?

Is your computer a factory-brand one or a self-built one?

Have you installed the necessary drivers for your computer's devices?

---------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1207209

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice