1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Working on an existing ASP site

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Chris_E, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris_E

Chris_E Thread Starter

Hi all

I'm a Dreamweaver user and am familiar with working on websites but only in HTML. I've had a fleeting exposure to PHP but, so far, I've not had to worry about ASP sites.

I've been asked to do some 'simple' updates to an exiting ASP based site. By simple, I understand that I will be looking at updating certain text, a few graphics and maybe one or two flash elements.

In addition there is the need to do some SEO work, so editing META content and associated page content is needed.

Is it going to be an easy task or am I jumping into a HUGE problem with my lack of exposure to ASP? I'm hoping the text content is simple enough to work on in particular...:rolleyes:

With Dreamweaver, what other applications would the forum suggest I get to allow be to make changes to this ASP website?

Honest answers on a postcard please!

Chris

2. Rockn

Rockn

Dreamweavre would be fine, but make sure you ask what it was originally designed in.

All of the stuff they have asked you to update is most likely just the HTML portions of the ASP pages which requires no coding at all. They just want you to clean up the static parts of the pages from what I am hearing.

3. Chris_E

Chris_E Thread Starter

Thanks for your support Rochn.

Theres a telltale line in the source of the home.asp page:

Looks like DW to me!

Cheers!

Chris

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543112

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice