1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Working with multiple documents in Word 2000

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by sliderule, Mar 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sliderule

sliderule Thread Starter

In Word 2000, unlike Word 97, there is no minimizing button on the document, only on the application. Am I overlooking something?

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Nope.

*New interface*. You get a new button at the bottom of your screen instead.

LOL

The option is back in Word XP, but they never chose to fix Word 2K.

3. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

I use Word 2000 constantly and there are the usual 3 boxes in the upper right corner, the left one being the minimize to tool bar, which I use all the time. Perhaps I have misunderstood the problem???:confused:

4. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

I neglected to clarify that the 3 boxes appear on DOCUMENTS as well as the program itself. If I open a second document, the first one tends to pop up, but that is easily remedied.:)

5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    When you have ONE document open, you get only the application's Minimize, Restore, and Maximize buttons. Each additional document that you open now contains an X only (below the other application window boxes) to close that document. In other Words, you can no longer minimize just a Word document within the Word window like you could before. That's because each document has its own application window, instead of having the file window we were all used to in 97.

Excel 2000 has the option to have it either way by going to Tools-Options, View tab and checking or unchecking Windows in Taskbar. Word 2000 does not have this option. Word XP does.

What is the GOOD thing about it? You don't have to hit Window and choose another document anymore. You can just click on the taskbar item for that document.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/71585

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice