Works 2000 - Spelling & Grammar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MungoB

I write a lot using Works 2000 5.0. For some reason, I've noticed that somewhere along the way the spell checker no longer underlines mis-spelled or unknown words, and even if I highlight the mis-spelled word, it will say it is spelled correctly. I have tried going into tools and spelling and all the proper things are checked and all. Why is this?

MungoB
There could be several problems. Take a look at the MS KB article below and it will cover all the possibilities.
Click Here for Article.
Let us know how it turns out.
Dave

MungoB

Actually, I can't even open the spell check, as when I type a mis-spelled word, the program recognizes it as spelled correctly, even if I just type something like, fddgbhj.

But all in all, is it called spell check? Mine just says: Spelling and Grammar. Microsoft Product Support says to: Type an incorrectly spelled word and run the spelling checker.

Click Edit Custom Dictionary.
I can't even find that command anywhere.

MungoB
Have you tried Item 4 in the MS article. Setting custom.dic to custom.old or item 5 which is a maintenance feature? Also have you tried Item 3?
Dave

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online