1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Works Calendar problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by BrynnD, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BrynnD

BrynnD Thread Starter

Hi Friends,
    I'm using Windows XP Home sp3, fully updated, and Works 2002 version 6. (I know it's an old version, but it's all I've got for now.) The Works Calendar doesn't display holidays, none at all. I can't imagine why anything called a "calendar" would be made without holidays by default, but I'm guessing this allows holidays of different countries and cultures to be set up.

Anyway, I found in the Edit menu > Add Holidays. I choose the holidays I want displayed, and click OK. But none are displayed.

I found in the Windows Works Discussion Group a recent message about adding holidays, where it was suggested that an internet search for for iCal holidays would turn up a file that could be downloaded, and imported into the calendar, that would add the holidays. But after searching and trying to download, that file turns out to be an ICS filetype which is incompatible with Windows :rolleyes:.

So I'm hoping someone here will be able to advise me about adding Holidays to the Works Calendar? However at this point, I would even appreciate knowing about any free calendar programs which don't rely on advertising in order to be offered for free. For example, I'm hoping there's an Open Source solution.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it :)

2. BrynnD

BrynnD Thread Starter

Sorry for the bump -- just hoping for some help :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/882140