works spreadsheet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

henry74

some files i have in works spreadsheet scroll way too fast when using the right side scroll down bar. If you move it a fraction it will scroll down a couple hundred rows at a time whereas other files act more normally, scrolling down a few at a time. Any reason why this is?

Thanks

It's been a long time since I used Works (for Windows 95) but I recall the same irritation with scrolling.
I always assumed it was something to do with the size, i.e. length, of the spreadsheet I was viewing. In other words, long sheets scroll faster than short ones.
I just put it down to the scrolling speed being based upon a percentage sheet size and stuck to the page down or arrow keys in my larger files.

Nowadays I don't use scroll bars much in apps 'cos a wheel mouse is so much more friendly.

Just my thoughts - maybe someone else out there knows if this is really a fault or just poor Microsoft programming.

If you have a wheel mouse that might have something to do with it. I know there are scrolling and zooming options.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts