Works with one hardrive, but not with two.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

onibox

Hi, I'm having a problem with my hardrives. I want both my primary hardrive and secondary hardrive to be recognized, but I can only get one to be recognized in certain settings.

I have:
- 1 hardrive (hardrive A) set to master, with operating system
- 1 hardrive (hardrive B) set to slave, just data
- IDE cable with one black connector and one grey connector

When I connect only A to the black connector, everything loads fine.
When I connect only A to the grey connector, I get the error "no operating system found"
When I have A connected to the black connector and B connected to the grey connector, I also get "no operating system found"
Same problem when I have A conncted to the grey and B connected to the black.

I tried switching between the settings master/slave and cable connect, but no change.
It seems like the grey connector is working, as it affects the black connector when something is attached to it.

Anyone have an idea of what the problem is? It's driving me insane!

Check your CMOS and set it to auto detect your second drive. On your ribbons, your master will be connected to the end, & you should have a second one on the same ribbon, connect to slave, make sure the RED strip is on the power side.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts