1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Workstation services won't start Windows 7

Discussion in 'Networking' started by HenrySwan, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HenrySwan

HenrySwan Thread Starter

Hi, a workstation on our domain running windows 7 64 bit downloaded updates from microsoft. There was about a hundred of them. Since they installed the machine won't connect to the network shares. It can access the internet easily enough.
    The Workstation Service won't start. It comes up with an error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start.
    I used System restore to go back before the updates and everything worked again. Installed the updates and the problem re-appears.
    I have 2 wireless network adaptors so I disabled one. I'm no expert at this sort of thing and any help would be appreciated.

2. ETech7

ETech7

You'll probably want to find update causing that. Do not install all of them at once, go in "packs" of 10 (for example) so you will be able to narrow down issue to 10 updates and then find one in fault. Also disregard optional updates for now.

3. HenrySwan

HenrySwan Thread Starter

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090058

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice