1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

World of Tanks lagging

Discussion in 'Games' started by GordonG, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GordonG

GordonG Thread Starter

Sep 18, 2012
    I have recently experienced problems with lag spikes during playing this MMO game. The game has indicator showing FPS and ping, which are most of the time acceptable, FPS being about 80, and ping about 40, which enables smooth playing. But every minute or so, my ping goes to 999 for a sec or two and then is back on normal, but during those 2 secs i am completely helpless ingame. FPS never has such issues.
    I tried cleaning all background processes like Skype, Dropbox, but couldn't find any problem, i used CCleaner program. I have to add that i had played this game before on same computer and haven't had these lag spikes. Could it be some spyware is occupying bandwith?

P.S. maybe it is relevant to add, i have second comp in house and although he has a little lower performance, that one never displays such lag spike.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!