1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

World of Tanks, tanks dissapearing.

Discussion in 'Games' started by CruelCoin, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CruelCoin

CruelCoin Thread Starter

Good morning all.

I recently reinstalled World of Tanks on a new laptop i bought, and have noticed one particularly annoying fault in this game.

When the countdown to match start is underway, i can see all the tanks no problem. However, once the match begins and the tanks begin moving, they dissapear! I can still see the shadows underneath the tanks, and when i mouse over where they should be, their outline appears. But for the rest its like invisible tanks.

Does anybody know what may be causing this graphics fault?

The specs for my system are:

windows 7 64bit premium
    8gb ram @ 1333mhtz 2x4gb sticks
    core i7 @ 2.00ghtz turboboost to 2.90ghtz
    Nvidea GT555m with 3gb vRAM
    500gb harddrive @ 7200rpm

When i run the game, i run it at 1600x900, and all settings to max. Framerate is good, so i don't think i'm hitting a performance cap.

As far as i know i have directx 11 installed.

I would love to know how to fix this and i greatly appreciate any and all help!

Its my favourite game, please help!

2. fireflite

fireflite

Hi, try disabling triple buffering under graphics settings.
    That works for many people :)

Good luck with the game :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/997503

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice