1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

World of Warcraft FPS problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kranzil, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kranzil

Kranzil Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here. I need some help with an issue I'm having playing World of Warcraft. The problem started about a week or so ago where my FPS tends to jump from 60 fps down to around 20 fps. It remains at 20fps for around 30 seconds or so then returns back to 60fps.

I run the game mostly on full settings except for shadows, sunshafts and liquid detail which I have on a medium setting.

I initially thought this might be a heating problem but I have 4 case fans and I play in a fairly ventilated room. I also checked what temperature my GPU and CPU were running at while playing WoW, turns out it was around 55 - 68 roughly so I don't see that being the issue.

It could possibly be a driver issue although I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest drivers for my graphics card. (I did a thorough uninstallation as well using Driver Sweeper)

Below is my system spec. I have also attached my DxDiag information as well.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029096

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice