1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

World of warcraft Help please

Discussion in 'Games' started by Samoanstylez, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Samoanstylez

Samoanstylez Thread Starter

hey guys i just needed help on World of Warcraft. i was wondering if you guys think i could play world of warcraft smoothly with out to much laggyness.
    well i have a Hp pavilion 4000 note book and these's are its quality.

Processor= 1.70 Ghz
    Ram= 502 MB (very small i know i also need help how to increase Ram on notebooks)
    Graphic memory= 128 MB
    Network connection= 48 Mbps

my graphic chip is= Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family

im might go buy world of warcraft i just wanted to see if my computer could run it. i tried this website to see if i had the minium requirements and it turned up that i couldnt play the game. but it also showed the same results with a different game that i run perfectly fine on my notebook so i do not think it is that accurate.
    The reason why i didnt make the minium requirements is because i dont have
    HW Transform & Lighting on my notebook i also dont have pixel shader but you do not need that to reach minium requirements.

2. zimquo

zimquo

Try the 10 day Trial

3. sup2a

sup2a

hmm well on my system i could play it...comfortably eventually at 448mb RAM (lowest graphics) but it certainly wasn't 100% smooth but it was certainly playable, however i have a 3ghz processor and 256mb card (even though its a few hundred years old) i got not-too-bad fps then again not too good either...also considering you have a laptop... still i think it would be playable.... certainly consider a trial first

4. Hellsscope

Hellsscope

it will run fine except in highly populated/ large mob / large action areas.

WoW is designed to work with almost any kind of computer set up.

5. Copilot911

Copilot911

i could play it on lowest settings with 1.8ghz cpu, 256mb video card, 1gig ram.

i really doubt that video card will hold up though.

6. sup2a

sup2a

i dunno... my friend was using an onboard 64mb around 500mb RAM and it was preatty good... although he did complain about the graphics, but yup certainly playable

7. Aggy

Aggy

Absolutely not. Well, yeah it will be minimally playable, but will drive you insane and you won't be able to stand it. At least that is the way it was for me with 512 of RAM. I was fine in the start areas fighting the critters, but as soon as I went to a major city the lag was just terrible. And when I attempted to duel someone, my game speed would not keep up with my opponent and I didn't have a chance. I tried to do an instance, same thing, I was so laggy that I could not keep up. After several weeks of this frustration I bought another 512 RAM and installed it, made things MUCH MUCH better. I have a very good video card however so you should also consider that.

If you seriously want to play WoW, it is well worth investing in some upgrades for your machine.

8. westside7

westside7

Before buying the game you should consider to try the free trial first and then decide what you want to do. Just a thought.

9. Samoanstylez

Yeah thanks guys for your help.
    sorry about not replying earlier. yeah about my graphic chip i went to www.systemrequirementslab.com (this is where you test games) i tested world of warcraft on my laptop and i got half way up the minium requirement bar. im thinking that i should be able to run World of warcraft no problems only because of this reason.
    a few days ago i tested a game i already had (age of empires 3) on the same website. because you see i was trying to see how accurate it is. i run the game perfectly fine but when i tested it i didnt even make minimal requirements only because i didnt have some kind of H&L lighting thingy *sorry for my newbish* and to make minimal requirements on world of warcraft you dont need H&L lighting but to make reccomended requirements you do. this is why i believe i should be able to play World of warcraft respectably.

if you disagree i hav no problems being proved wrong

thanks in advance :)
    SOME NEWB KID

10. Samoanstylez

and yes i will try the 10 day free test thingy
    just informing thats all
    .......lol

11. Mosquito555

Mosquito555

Hi mate!

WoW can run on a 800Mhz PIII with a geforce 2 so you shouldn't worry (well that is what blizzard says anyway, I wouldn't even install it on a machine slower than 1.5Ghz). But I ve seen it running on machines with only 512 Mbs of RAM and it was becoming quite choppy in large populated areas or during loading/flying from area to area. Seems like it is very RAM hungry, especially if you load it with many addons. I would recommend getting some more RAM, 1GB should be fine. I also say that because your graphics card uses shared memory which means that it allocates system RAM.

12. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    It should run OK but as has been said you will suffer in highly populated areas.

I run it on my Toshiba Satellite Pro A120 which fails on the same website due to HW T&L. It has Intel 945GM Graphics but I have upgraded to 2Gigs RAM. WoW runs fine with the graphics settings fairly high in all areas apart from the gathering spots in main cities (center of Shattrath is the worst). You may need to turn the graphics down a bit for yours but it should be OK.

Free trial will work to give you a basic idea of how your system will handle the graphics but all the lower level areas are relatively under populated and I think its going to be high populated zones that will cause a problem if anything.

13. Samoanstylez

yeah i will try but im going to ask a really newb question

HOW DO YOU ADD RAM ON A LAPTOP I REALLY NEED HELP ON THIS PLEASE

Im sorry you do not have to answer this question i will make another forum topic considering this....but if you do not mind helping me with this i will much thankful

not making excuses but i've justed started to get into computers im only 14......well i am making excuses but bare with me you guys are great lol..xD

14. Samoanstylez

im going to make a forum topic considering this *how to get the right ram into my laptop*

if your wondering my module ram is 200-pin DDR 333 (PC 2700) SO-DIMM
    im trying to buy a 1g ram upgrade for my Hp pavilion dv4000 i will make this new topic soon
    but like before if you wish to help me on this forum please do so :) it would be much appreciated :) :)

15. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    RAM can be easy to install on a notebook and it can be quite awkward, it really depends on the specific machine.

If you know what type it is (which you apparently do) then, basically, all you need to do is check suppliers etc and find the right stick for the right price. Then it is often just a case of removing a panel from the base of the laptop (normally only a couple of screws and easy to get off), remove the old stick and put the new one in.

Their should be a break in the line of connectors on the RAM itself which will be set off center, this ensures you cant put it in the wrong way round.

Ive had a quick look at the HP website and found:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00363784.pdf

this may or maynot be your exact model but I think it is at least very similar. If you look at 105 of 189 it gives a step by step guide on replacing memory modules.

If that isn't quite right try

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Look...h_query=pavillion+4000&submit.x=10&submit.y=9

and find your exact make and model. Follow the product specification links and look for links for 'product information' and 'manuals'.

If you are having problems, have a look at the sticker, probably on the bottom, that has make, model, serial number on it and post the exact model number and I (or maybe someone else) will be able to find some more precise information for you. As you can see from the second link there are quite a few different 4000 series HP notebooks and they may be a little different in how things are done.

Hope this helps, if not keep posting and I am sure you will get the answers you need, just give it a bit of time.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700190

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice