1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

World of Warcraft problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by Plight, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plight

Plight Thread Starter

Ok so in the beginning before all this started i had a spyware/virus everything problem and i still do and i think its messing with my hard drive and that is why i can't install WoW.

I have tried everything, trying to install all discs and i get at the last disc "there are some files corrupted bla bla bla" i try putting in my disc and opening the folder and dragging the tome file from every disc in a folder along with those other needed files. I got the same error there.

so then i tried to download the demo and since i already have an account it can all work out. Well at the very end it tells me it had some trouble saving data files. I have tried doing the selective startup thing and i can't de frag my computer because i get that stupid error that says the CHKDSK is scheduled to scan the volume of C: or something like that. Im currently trying to get rid of this virus crap i have on my computer ( a guy on malware forums is walking me through it) and it seems like some of my windows files are infected. Maybe this could have to do with my installation having corrupted files? I tried one drive and it didn't work then i tried the drive below it which is rarely used and it still didn't work. I installed this game a couple months ago and had a little trouble but after the second try i got it working. At that time i didn't have any infections known on my computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595056

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice