1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

World's Worse Problem

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by pyritechips, Jan 12, 2003.

?

What is the World's most pressing problem?

Poll closed Feb 11, 2003.
  1. Nuclear War

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. Terrorism

9 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. Pollution/Natural Resource Depletion

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  4. Financial Instability

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. Overpopulation

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  6. Globalization

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  7. Alien Invasion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Erosion of Social/Moral values

15 vote(s)
    44.1%
  9. Other

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  10. No Opinion/Don't Know

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jim
    I would like to know what YOU believe is the most pressing world issue. And I mean WORLD, not your personal problem, that of your city, country or any group to which you may belong. I mean the biggest problem for ALL people EVERYWHERE.

I will refrain from voting at first, or posting a reason why, and will allow all of you to vote, comment and debate it first (I have my own reason why).

*** PLEASE NOTE: Some of you have, as I stated in my post, that many issues are interrelated, therefore I have set this poll up to accept multiple selections. Hopefull it functions correctly. If you make a multiple selection, please note that your choices register. If not, let us know and state the choice(s) that did not register.

2. valley

valley

I picked erosion of social and moral values......of course then I have to wonder which era had the best social and moral values and then take a look at what has changed in the world around us since then. You know where my mind goes at the thought but I wont let my fingers type it. ;)

This is a great poll Jim....cant wait to see what people are concerned about the most.

3. Mulderator

Mulderator

Hey jim, I thought you didn't like political threads! Doesn't get anymore political than this.

Unforutantely, you didn't have the most obvious and biggest problem in the world listed: Liberalism! ;)

4. Chris A

Chris A

I have looked several times and found it was a little too hard to chose just one of those.

5. Davey7549

Davey7549

Jim
    I believe the following and voted same.

Terrorism: Now here is an unknown renegade factor that goes beyond the laws of self preservation. Of all the selections, this item is by far the worse since it lacks Honor, Respect, Courage, and is based in twisted Religious belief. Several of the other selections, Pollution, Financial instability, Nuclear technology, and remotely the Erosion of Social\moral values are weapons in the hands of these people along with fear of all the above.

Dave

6. Jonesiegirl

Jonesiegirl Guest

Ohhhhh Davey! SLAM DUNK! :)

7. Wino

Wino

I voted 'Other' - a huge asteroid striking the earth, ending all life would worry me more than any of the other choices - none of the others will ever be resolved, so why worry? Cynical? Yeah!! Humans will be humans until the end of time. Their has never been peace and stability on earth since man became, and there never will be.

What? Me worry!:D

8. valley

valley

well....one of the main problems is the lack of respect for human life (a moral issue)......which can lead to terrorism and all of the other choices Jim offered us. "Twisted religion" is just that.....twisted.

Greed, selfishness, envy, hate, indifference, lack of compassion, pride, willful blindness....all moral issues leading to crimes against humanity, imo. I believe the world's worst problem is definately a moral issue. Take care of the moral issues and the rest will take care of itself.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place since I believe a departure from God's standards is the real reason why the world is heading in the direction its going. Its probably best that I not take part in this one. I'll definately be watching how the discussion evolves though, even though I'll be biting my tongue the whole time :D

9. JJJecj71

JJJecj71

Yes I did to. The break down of social and moral values. It really starts here that will lead to all the above, either it's for Power/Money/control and the list goes on. One that's grown up without any values, values only the things to which the heart desires like greed, hate,envy, desires that not all will think and act on these values/desires but hold it's own way with our thinking and ways and how we act towards another.

Ok now saying this, I'm holding back some only not to demean anyone to what I've just said, it's just my opinion :D

Opp's my figers went wild :(

Jay

10. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jim
    Dave: Leave it to you for an early and astute reply! Such polls are limited by the yes/no restrictions. As no man is an island, no human issue is isolated; we and our actions are all interrelated.

Valley: You know that any comments within the bounds of forum rules are acceptable, and in MY threads, warmly welcomed. Do not censor yourself.

Chris: If this works correctly, multiple choices are allowed. As I said in response to Dave's post, several choices can be interrelated. I am am limited by the constraints of the poll technology.

Mr. Mulder: With all due respect, you may see all issues as political but I did not create this poll in a political frame of mind. But unfortunately (or not), most events are interpreted so.

Kath: "SLAM DUNK!"? I take that to be sports/basketball? I'll file that under "other". :D

11. Jonesiegirl

Jonesiegirl Guest

lol yup Jim ... meaning that Davey scored awesomely with his post!
    I still haven't voted... :eek:

12. JJJecj71

JJJecj71

Sorry I wasn't talking about everything like Alien invasion :rolleyes: :D

Just in general didn't mean to take this out of context.

all the obove are problems.

Pollution is a big problem.
    Naural resources depletion can happen if there was World War lll or because of over population.
    financial instablitity with the economy can be a problem.

If I could vote more then once I would pick a few of them.

J

13. CyBerAliEn

CyBerAliEn

If anyone is interested I also voted for terrorism and social/moral. Was sort of hard to conclude what is really the most pressing at this time. Of course, if all social/moral value issues were "solved", I am sure terrorism would literally cease to exist and a lot of the other problems and issues across the world.

Just thought I'd comment on this interesting poll :D

14. Stoner

Stoner Banned

I picked #3 Pollution/Natural Resource Depletion

I think ,with the exception of Other and No opinion(naturally)and aliens, any of these can bring the world to a devistated state, But with #3, I see the possibility of such intense global competion for limited resources that all of these become a combined issue that civilization will have a tougher time rebounding from than anyother individual problem.

15. Prrebel

Prrebel

The main reason is not on your list......boy this is gonna open a can of worms....
    Its Religion.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112846

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice