Worst lockup problem ever.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zbar

Hi people, I need experts to answer this one as I have tried just about everything to resolve this problem, maybe someone can help. I'll explain what I have done to date.
I built this computer a year ago using online info which I later found was erroneous.
I have since experienced lockup problems that would occur at random, anywhere between the POST and after windows startup completion. I would sometimes run the computer all day without a lockup.
I have changed the mainboard, all 4gigs of ram, PSU from 650w to 1000w thinking I had a power problem, no change, reseated the cpu, have a huge fan and cooler installed with good heat extraction system, updated all the hardware drivers, latest MB chipset and bios, removed my SB X-Fi thinking that might have been a problem, no change. Had a problem where the computer would lockup while I was browsing the bios, only a few cursor movements would cause a lockup. I tried flashing the bios with older ones and found one to work that would at least allow me to browse the bios screen which is a vista update.
Everytime I start up the computer and at random, recieve a bios error "The system has detected unsuccessful boot attempts" and requires a bios reset. I have tried selecting bios defaults and saving, no change. I notice that the bios finds my ram to be of 1333mhz, timing 9-9-9-24 which is correct but displays the voltage as 1.54 which is incorrect as the Micron ram requires a 1.50 v setting. I recieve different reading from the bios with the different bios flashing I have ran, including the win7 bios update which just does not work properly due to recieving incorrect ram voltages among other variables.
I am starting to think that the bios chip is faulty and might be the problem.
Any takes on all this?. I really would appreciate some expert help, thanks people.

Configuaration:
Intel Extreme DX48BT2 mainboard socket LGA775
4gigs - Micron MT16JTF25664AY-1G4BYES 2 GB 1333 9-9-9 Non-ECC
Corsair 1000w PSU
Intel Core2 extreme X9770 @ 3.2ghz
Sounblaster X-FI sound card
Nvidia geforce 9800 gtx+
NZXT atx case.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online