1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

worst virus i've ever had please help!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Button52, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Button52

Button52 Thread Starter

okay so heres what its doing to my pc:
    - every now and then (quite often) random music will start playing. when i look in the proccesses running at the time, ending "iexplorer.exe" (2 things running with this image name) it stops. this will be running even when no internet browser is, but when i am using one, usualy firefox, when i end the iexplorer.exe, it will come up with a little message saying it has recovered a tab. this is very anoying.:mad:

- it has disabled all my antivirus software, including AVG, the profesional verion i paid ALOT of money for,and free versions of avast and mcaffee. so i am unable to run ANY virus scan.

- any new programme i try to download will come up with a message saying i do not have the appropriate privalages to run the programme, so i am unable to use the "hijack this" and get a log. this is with programmes that i have clicked "run" on the installation, instead of save.

- when i save the file and try to install from that, it will say that -e.g.- "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\HJTsetup.exe is not a valid Win32 application." and will not open.

- when running firefox no search engines work; it took me a while to find this site...
    also when running internet explorer, search engines do work to find the relevent sites, but clicking on anyone of them redirects me to a random advetisment.

- windows live messinger closes down almost the second i log in

please if anyone recgnises this virus and can tell me anyway to get rid of it i would be very very apreciative :)

edit:
    after posting this, i managed to download avira using the opera browser, which seems to be unaffected (at the moment). after getting to around 40% of the scan, my pc shut down instantly and when resarted, the guard protection wont work, and freezes when i try to activate it. HELP! :confused:

i was unable to post this in a new post for some reson, seems opera was affected half way through typing...

2. Button52

Button52 Thread Starter

anyone :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/862442

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice