Worth getting more RAM?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tanis

Shane
I was considering putting another chunk of RAM in my system but am finding some slightly mixed reviews on if it is really worth it or not. I do a fair bit of gaming (MMOs, FPS etc).

Currently running the following:
Core i5 680
4Gb DDR3 (2x 2G)
GTX460 1Gb Graphics
1Tb Sata HDD
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

What are peoples thoughts, would it improve overall performance or would the impact be negligable?

fairnooks

Banned
Well, if you play very large graphic loading games locally, you might notice smoother transitions between level loading, at least for some older games or less well written ones that don't handle that transitions as well as the better written ones.

For MMOs you probably wouldn't see any difference at all since it will take more time to load the communication stub over the Internet than the local graphics level install being called.

So in some instances it will help but if you're looking for a more constant performance gain, that's not likely.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online