1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wot no forums?!

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Trentham, Feb 2, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. Trentham

Trentham Thread Starter

I've been subscribing to three forums lately. This one (obviously the best) and www.tek-tips.com & www.techzonez.com which were not too bad.

These last two seem to have closed down... at least I can't get on them any more! Anybody know what the problem is?

Since it seems that this forum does not generate notificatuion emails, I'd be grateful if any answers were emailed to [email protected].

2. Tuppence2

Tuppence2 Guest

Hello,

Hope you have fun here.

There is a notification choice. Go into your user panel and edit options and I think you will find it there. Random is the only forum that doesn't have email notification, the others do by choice.

Bye
    Penny.

3. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Sarge: I think I have to agree with you! Since you said that I didn't bother seeing if the listed forums "seem to have closed down". Why go anywhere else when you have the best here at TSG anyways! Take care. angel :)

P.S.- Mod please change the word "Wot" to "What".

P.P.S.-There's only one TRUE "Tech Support Guy"....MIKE! :)

Edit: This post is not meant to be offensive to anyone. I just beleive in sticking with what I consider the best. Others may feel differently. Thanks deh for pointing that out with your posts here. angel :)

4. deh

deh

Respectfully,
    There is nothing wrong with looking at other forums. I like the people here and the knowledge but I would be a liar if I said I didn't goto other sites for research.
    If I am not mistaken Dreamboat is an active member of tek-tips and is a moderator or something like that in this forum.
    Sarge,
    There should be no reason to be scared of new things.
    Angelize,
    There are alot of tech support guys and they would beg to differ after a hard days work.

Call it disloyalty, call it what you wish but if I need an answer I will find it.

5. angelize56

deh: I personally haven't had to go to any other forum besides TSG. They answered all my questions, fixed all my problems and are a great group of members to top it all off. So I pledge my allegiance to TSG. I know that anyone else can go wherever they want. :) And my comment about Mike was just because of the listed email addy...I just think Mike is the true TSG in my eyes. :) I respect your opinion deh and you aren't being disloyal. Take care. angel :)

P.S.-The other forums aren't closed down....I peeked! I prefer TSG. :)

6. deh

deh

I don't blame ya if you get your problems solved here. I have had questions answered as well, however I make $$$ from support so I run into problems that are not common and need many things to try to resolve the issue. For example I post alot in MS's NewsGroup. If I have a problem with Linux I post to Linux specific NGs, and so forth. Hope this makes sense.

7. angelize56

deh: Yep it makes sense! But I'm just not as knowlegable about pcs as you are...so this forum is perfect for me. :) Seems someone always has an answer here if a problem arises. :) angel

Have a nice week ahead deh! :)

8. Tuppence2

Tuppence2 Guest

Hello there,

Angel, I think you will find that "Wot" is a spelling for the dialect pronounciation of what. It reflects the way what is said in, say, a cockney, dialect.

:D :cool:

9. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

I hate when new users post links. No matter how innocent they seem.
    I refuse to visit any link from someone who has under 100 posts.
    :D
    P.S. There's a thread for favorite sites. Perhaps this thread should be moved to the "What Do You Like" thread.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116672

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice