1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Would Anyone Know?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by stu37, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stu37

stu37 Thread Starter

2. past tense

past tense

:eek: HELLO,SINCE THIS IS MY FIRST POST LET ME SAY ALL THE PEOPLE IN HERE DO A GOOD JOB HELPING PEOPLE WITH THERE SPYWARE PROBLEMS.I HAVE LEARNED A AWFUL LOT JUST BY READING THE Q&A ON ALL THE THREADS.
    I HAVE ETRUST EZ ARMOR ON MY SYSTEM NOW.I HAD NORTON ANTI-VIRUS BUT FREEBIE TRIAL OFFER WAS ABOUT TO END AND I HAD NO FIREWALL AND NO CASH TO GET ONE, SO I GOT THIS.
    THE ANTI-VIRUS PART OF THE PACKAGE COMES FROM COMPUTER ASSOCIATES,THE FIREWALL FROM ZONELABS,BUT I DON'T THINK IT IS ZONE ALARM.
    I LIKE ANTI VIRUS APP,IT CAUGHT AND DELETED A TROJAN BACK IN NOVEMBER FOR ME,NO TROUBLES WITH VIRUS.
    THE FIREWALL APP IS A LITTLE MOODY.MIGHT BE ME,THIS IS MY FIRST FIREWALL.
    IF YOU EMAIL TECH SUPPORT WITH A QUESTION THEY WILL EMAIL YOU A REPLY WITHIN 1-3 DAYS WHICH WAS FINE WITH ME SEEING THIS IS A FREEBIE.
    I CAN'T SAY WHETHER BETTER THAN NORTON OR NOT,BUT IS FREE AND THAT WAS WHAT WAS IMPORTANT TO ME . :eek:

3. stu37

stu37 Thread Starter

ok, i see what you mean by zone alarm. It's the same outfit i gather. My Norton subscription runs till sept, but i want to see if this takes less memory and such to run. I did ininstall Norton and going to try this, thanks for comeback. Any others?

4. RandyG

RandyG

I've been evaluating and using AVG's free AV for almost 1 year now. I am pretty happy with it.

I also use Kerio's Personal Firewall. It is fully functional with bells and whistles for the first 30 days, and then if you decide not to buy it, it becomes the limited Free version for personal, not professional use. this limited version is superior, and uses less resources, then ZoneAlarm.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223779

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice