1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Would Appreciate Blind Walkthrough

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by DougTaylor, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DougTaylor

DougTaylor Thread Starter

Firstly I would like to apologize if I posted this in the wrong place.
    i have a compaq presario cq57, with windows 7. The screen on this is crack to the point i can not see anything from it, so i use a vga to see everything from my tv. My problem is i want to see the BIOS screen (to enable virtualization) but the computers screen doesnt display on my tv untill it loads windows. I have tried the refrigerator magnet trick and also tried Fn+F4 neither did anything. I was hoping someone may also have a compaq presario cq57 and could walk me through what buttons to press to enable virtualization.

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    what happens if you restart your computer and press the esc button before you get the compaq logo.

3. DougTaylor

I tried this and im unsure, the screen is smashed and at that point it doesnt show on the monitor.

4. DougTaylor

I seen a youtube video and the guy removed the entire screen. When he started the computer it started straight on his monitor because his computer picked that up as the only one. Before I go and rip the screen (and thing that protects my keyboard from spills and stuff) off, would anyone happen to know if a compaq presario would do the same. The guy in the vidwo was using a HP something, definitely wasnt same as mine.

5. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Why don't you replace the screen on the computer.

6. DougTaylor

The computer only costed me $150 the lowest quote i got on a screen replacement was $100, i woild rather pay for a map of the BIOS and just blindy enable the virtualization. Even if i had a working screen it awsome on my big screen, i play alot of games and love feeling like im in the action.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142565

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice