Would I notice any difference between a P4 3.06 and 1.6 Centrino?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

FuzzyWuzzy

And also will the centrino run photoshop, multitasking and play video/DVDs well?

DO NOT regret your decision to to return your P4 for a Centrino.
From what I gather in your other posts you will be happy that you
have a laptop with all the energy saving optimizations. Just think of it this
way while all your class mates are moaning and groaning about how their
laptop is dead you will still be happily typing your papers and reports. :D

And to answer your ?'s yes it will do all those things just not at the
same time.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
It's bound to be slower, but whether you notice any significant difference will depend on the applications you use. A 1.6ghz machine is plenty to play DVD's and do typical office applications, but it's not a game machine.

FuzzyWuzzy

thanks guys. Well i wasnt planning on using any laptop for games period. thats what desktops are for.

(y)

Mobility is why I got centrino - size, weight, battery life, stays cooler Iheard too due to some of the metal parts like the outer casing.

FuzzyWuzzy

well from what i was told, and read from intel that a 1.5 centrino should run as fast if not fastet than a 2.8 P4 due to the 1MB cache.

Im mainly gonna be running web, email, word, office xp, photoshop, quark, mp3's, dvds, thats it.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Well, I don't know who thinks the 1.5gig Centrino runs as fast as a 2.8gig P4, but I'd disagree with that assessment. :)

FuzzyWuzzy

johnwill said:
Well, I don't know who thinks the 1.5gig Centrino runs as fast as a 2.8gig P4, but I'd disagree with that assessment. :)
so you think it matches a 2.8gig p4?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online