Would it still show up?

Boredchicken

Say you’re in an online chat with a customer and when it’s complete, an automatic survey pops up for feedback. If the computer malfunctions, for whatever reason, causing the chat to inadvertently end, will the survey still appear?

Depends if the connection is still there after the 'malfunction'. If the browser closes after the malfunction, of course there won't be any survey.

Boredchicken

Depends if the connection is still there after the 'malfunction'. If the browser closes after the malfunction, of course there won't be any survey.
Oh, I don’t know what happened on their end. I was still looking at the chat session window and the survey popped up. The screen says staff ended chat, but they are telling me it was a computer issue. I’m not mad at anyone or anything, I just like to learn stuff and didn’t really know how that worked

plodr

Liz
The screen says staff ended chat,
That is what happened on their end. The person you were chatting with, dropped the chat session.
As soon as it ended, the survey popped up. If you weren't satisfied, post in the survey that your issue was not resolved and support ended the session before it was resolved.

If that would happen to me, I'd initiate another chat session. You would probably get a different support agent. Keep at it until the issue is resolved.

Boredchicken

That is what happened on their end. The person you were chatting with, dropped the chat session.
As soon as it ended, the survey popped up. If you weren't satisfied, post in the survey that your issue was not resolved and support ended the session before it was resolved.

If that would happen to me, I'd initiate another chat session. You would probably get a different support agent. Keep at it until the issue is resolved.
Thank you

Couriant

James
As mentioned, it will depend on how it ended. If the chat is set to pop up the survey after the chat ended for any reason, then it will show. If it was a browser issue on the client side then it will most likely show up.

Boredchicken

Oh yeah, I understand, I just didn’t know how that worked. If the malfunction of the computer disrupted the prompts of the survey or if you could program it to still pop up if there was a malfunction. I’m not trying to take the information and be a Karen or anything lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online