Would like to restore an earlier feature

comtrain9

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210410230059.000000-240
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
Hard Drives: C: 953 GB (906 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M70AD, ver Rev X.0x, s/n 140221920100766
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n E2PDCG001FLX
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Hello. I was able to restore Windows Photo Viewer on my computer. I am able to set certain types of images to open with it. However, an annoying feature that came with the default Photos imaging method for the newest Microsoft Edge, is that the "plus" or check sign, when clicked once, produces the the sliding "minus to plus" horizontal axis bar that the cursor must slide across to the right to enlarge the displayed image, or to the left, to reduce image size.

I would like to be able to skip that step by hitting the initial "plus" icon repeatedly to enlarge the image or some "minus" icon to reduce size. How can I get that back for my pc? And, can I get that feature back without disrupting my desktop's operation? Can I do it without disrupting my pc in some other way?

comtrain9

Yes, it works. I was able, however, to reinstall Windows Photo Viewer. The problem is that, while I was able to make it my default viewer for most things, the only real change is that Photo's black background became WPV white background. The horizontal cursor line remained. That's bad, because a user can only increase the size of the picture to the end of the line, which still might be too small. The enlargement feature line is too short. I had to make Infanview 64 my default viewer. It still has the + and - icons that I can mouse-hit repeatedly to enlarge or minimize photos, without limitation. Yeah, I can use other programs to get around this problem, such as the Infanview, but I'd rather do it with Windows Photo Viewer, and in a way that allows me to use my mouse.
Possible? Comtrain9

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online