Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Would Like To Upgrade RAM In A Dell Latitude E6500 Laptop

694 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  pcdoctor 
#1 ·
Hello everyone:

I would like to upgrade the RAM in my Dell Latitude E6500 laptop computer from 4GB of RAM to 8GB of RAM. However I am finding that it's very hard to find RAM for this computer and the RAM that I am finding is super expensive.

This particular laptop is quality built laptop that was meant to be used in a business environment. I bought it off ebay for $200 back in 2014 and have been very happy with my purchase.

I doubt I can find another laptop that is built with quality these days.

#2 ·
It's not really hard, but nothing is if you have experience. Admittedly I've never worked on that particular model, but I've done many Dell laptops.

Here is a video that supposedly shows you how to replace the memory on that model.

As for the price? It is what it is. There's nothing you or I can do about it. LAptop memory is more expensive.

#3 ·
Thank you for your assistance. I did find some RAM a little cheaper, but upon doing further research, if I did put in an SSD, I won't get the performance I want out of the computer. I have begun to look for a good used business class laptop computer for hopefully no more than $300.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.