1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

would like to upgrade to windows 7 from vista. How?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by eyches, Sep 25, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Do you even have a genuine Windows 7 with legitimate Product Key that can be used on this PC? If not, if you can find one it will probably cost more than a refurbished PC that is better than your current machine.

I still think that you should seriously consider my previous post.

2. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

You didn't say which version of the Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers you're using.
    They both stopped supporting Windows Vista several months ago.
    The current version of Google is 62.x, and I believe you can only use versions 49.x - 55.x.
    The current version of Mozilla Firefox is 56.x, and you can only use version 52.x ESR.

A legitimate copy of Windows 7 SP1 32-bit (if you can find it) will cost you over $100.
    If you insist on spending that kind of money on a 10-year old desktop which has a weak Intel processor and a measly 2 GB of DDR2 RAM, that's your choice.
    I strongly agree on what Terry advised you.
    You need a newer and faster desktop.

---------------------------------------------------------------

snuffleufflegus likes this.
  3. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1196901