1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Would like your opinion of MS Office 2010

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by DKTaber, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DKTaber

DKTaber Thread Starter

I have been using MS Office (Professional) for 10 years now. It is no longer supported by M$, and some clients are starting to send me files in XLM format. While I have the MSO XLM Compatibility Pack and can read the files, the handwriting is on the wall; sooner or later, I'm going to have to upgrade. A couple of years ago I tried MSO 2007. . . for 2 days. Hated it. So my question is, is MSO 2010 (beta) a true improvement over 2007 and can you give me some idea of the learning curve time to become relatively comfortable with it after using 2000 for so long?

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    2010 user interface is same as 2007. Microsoft is NOT going away from this new interface and you might as well get use to it.

I had 2010 on my beta machine until the beta of Windows 7 was barking at me that it was going to expire. I have not installed 2010 on another machine.

3. JohnWilson

JohnWilson

As above the ribbon is not going away.
    In 2010 it's possible for the non programmer to customize it (though it's buggy at the moment)

Video and mp3 can be embedded and to an extent edited
    Transitions are MUCH smoother and look more professional
    Lots of bugs in minor 2007 are fixed.
    There are some neat (but well hidden) shape edit tools.

4. valis

valis Moderator

2010 is a lot more intuitive than 2007. There are still some minor things to get used to, such as the macro key residing in the view submenu, as opposed to tools, but that generally resolves itself rapidly.

All told, I like 2010 lightyears more than 2007.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914451

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice