1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Would this be good for gaming?

Discussion in 'Games' started by JoshX419, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JoshX419

JoshX419 Thread Starter

http://www.alienware.com/product_de...ysCode=PC-AURORA-7500-R3&S ubCode=SKU-DEFAULT Or this one http://www.unitedmicro.com/cgi-bin/sysw.cgi?15512626

Im gonna save up for one of these Even though im only 14 and I cant get a job yet, im gonna save up money for something over 2,000 dollars cause i know ill still be into computer stuff when I have the money. Are these good though?

2. KMW

KMW

gidday young fella, question is, by the time you have saved up for that one could there be a better one someone's put together that you might want instead, or perhaps by then your ideas have changed and you want to put together one of your own design, You are young, you have time on your hands to think about it. Just a thought is all.
    I have no idea what the alienware computor would be like sorry though it does look like a beast, even has that alien look about it, like something out of starwars:cool:

3. JoshX419

JoshX419 Thread Starter

Yeah its gonna be hard though to save up considering that fact that I cant get a job yet, my parents dont have much money cause my dad had a seizure and cant work his normal job for 2 more months, and my sister got into trouble so they have to pay 10,000 dollars to the lawyer who got her out of jail and they have to pay 300 dollars every 2 weeks for my sister to be on house arrest. Also gas and electric going up. So idk its gonna be a long time until I can get a new good pc.

4. acameron

acameron

While both of those computers will kick butt, you can go another, cheaper way with the whole thing.

Start reading up on hardware, learn everything you can about the different hardware components in a desktop PC, and how they work together so you can pick what you want. Then start reading up on assembling the components. (the internet and Google are great resources for researching hardware and building your own PC, as well as reading other posts on this site :D)

If you have classes / clubs at your school dealing with computers, look into those as well. You will be able to build your own PC with equal or better specs for allot less than what those companies offer. And it is a worthwile learning experience to boot.

Also, although upgrading a Dell can be a pain in the butt you should be able to add another 512MB of RAM and possibly a graphics card depending on the Motherboard in that PC....Others here can help you with that more than myself as I do not know allot about Dells.

Good luck....

5. JoshX419

JoshX419 Thread Starter

Yeah well next year ill be on high school so than I can see what PC classes they have.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/478127

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice