1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Would upgrading help?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Choey, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Choey

Choey Thread Starter

Hi, basically I was just wondering if getting a new graphics card and ram would do anything for my computer, or if i should just buy a new one.

AMD AM2 Athlon 64 x 2 Dual Core Processor
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    3GB DDR2 Memory
    Nvidia 9500GT PCIe graphics card

I don't know what else you would need to know to determine so I can find out anything else. Also I know my computer is trash that's not the point lol just wondering if a new graphics card and ram would help thanks!

2. sonexpc

sonexpc

I have a customer with similar specification as yours he has X2-4200 AMD with a 7600GT Video Card... and He upgarde to Radeon 6850 and he can play all the new game without any issue... The only things is he still use 17 1280x1024 LCD so The Video Card work good in this resolution even in ultra setting... ...Really depends your budget ... if you only have <$300US budget tehn just do the Video card and power Supply ... at least a 500W ... but a 600W would recommend.

3. Choey

Choey Thread Starter

Alright thanks. I don't have a budget really so is there anything else you recommend upgrading?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032312

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice