1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Would You Buy a Refurbished or Used Keyboard?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xlook, Jul 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xlook

xlook Thread Starter

I'm going to but a wireless keyboard. Its the Logitech K810. They're selling one certified refurbished for $50 on Amazon, one used on ebay for $55, and one new for $75. My question is, would you guys buy certified refurbished or used for a keyboard? Would you trust that?

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    In all honesty, it's personal preference. For a keyboard it's probably ok as refurbished might just mean it's missing components like a wifi receiver or a cable or has scratches. But normally they have some type of warranty as well.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You are aware the Logitech K810 is a bluetooth keyboard that's mostly used to interact with iPads, tablets, etc.?

--------------------------------------------------------------

4. xlook

xlook Thread Starter

But I thought the K810 is used for PCs also? I want it cuz its got no numpad and its non-mechanical.

5. lynx1021

lynx1021

Yes it says "Logitech Easy-Switch™ allows you to quickly change between typing on your PC to typing on your tablet or smartphone with the touch of a button." Your PC has to have Bluetooth on it or a Bluetooth USB adapter.

6. Saturable

Saturable

First Name:
    Mark
  7. xlook

xlook Thread Starter

Youre crazy. There's no illuminated keys in it.

8. Saturable

Saturable

First Name:
    Mark
    If your PC has a bluetooth driver, then the K810 should work for you. With the price difference only being $25, I myself would invest in the new one. I don't usually like purchasing used electronics.

9. xlook

xlook Thread Starter

Well I'll be getting a Bluetooth USB where I'll just attach a Bluetooth USB into the back of my PC. It'll allow connections to any Bluetooth enabled device.

But if you can suggest a keyboard other than the K810 that's got Bluetooth or wireless and illuminated keys, let Mr know.

10. lynx1021

lynx1021

11. xlook

xlook Thread Starter

Appreciate the link. But the keyboard looks a bit mechamical. I need a keyboard whose keys have a bit of space between them - its better for me since it helps me make less typos that way.

Let me know if you have another suggestion for a KB but that's not that mechanical.

12. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

What do you mean by non-mechanical? Generally a mechanical keyboard is one with cherry (or similar) switches in th ekeys, as opposed to the more usual membrane pad in most keyboards. The keys tend to be more "clicky" and a lot of us prefer the more positive motion.

This does not seem to be what you mean. Could you be a bit more specific?

13. Saturable

Saturable

First Name:
    Mark
    Those are both membrane keyboards. They may look mechanical, but they aren't.

14. xlook

xlook Thread Starter

I see. I just detest mechanical KBs. I make crazy typos on them - not comfortable for me.

Most likely I'll get the K810 as long as the keys are the same size as those on a standard KB.

15. Saturable

Saturable

First Name:
    Mark
    To each their own! I myself can't stand membrane keyboards. They're much too mushy for me, and the clack-clack-clack sound is too satisfying to give up. Do you prefer a keyboard without a number pad? I can't find any 88-key keyboards that are both wireless and backlit.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1174282

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice